Saturday, October 19*
Experience Collin County's premier family-friendly Halloween event! Kids will trick-or-treat on the Dinosaurs Live! exhibit trail. Watch a family-friendly movie under the stars in the amphitheater. Stroll through the "Haunted Forest," participate in a costume contest (for kids ages 12 & under), and more!
Tickets sell out each year, so we encourage you to get yours as soon as possible.
*Please note: one publication has this event date listed incorrectly. The event date is October 19.
If you had a photo taken by CLIX...
here are some general instructions. Each person had their own sub catalog and password provided to them when they had their photo taken.
1. Go to www.clixallen.com and click on 'View and Order Prints'
2. Search HeardHalloween13
3. Type in the password provided to you when the photo was taken
4. Click on your Heard proof
5. Type in the password provided to you when the photo was taken.
If you cannot locate your proof information please be sure to give CL!X a call at 972-747-1220 or e-mail at email@example.com
Also, one of our great volunteers, Kathy Carter, was out in the crowd taking photos. They're available to view by clicking here.
• Trick-or-treat with the dinos on the Dinosaurs Live! exhibit trail.
• Watch the family-friendly movie, "How to Train Your Dragon," under the stars in the amphitheater.
• Reviews from Rottentomatoes.com and Commonsensemedia.org
• "But what stays with you, afterward, is even more satisfying - a message that perfection is not the goal. Instead, the imperative is to be one's self, to think for one's self and to do the right thing the best that one can." Nancy Churnin, Dallas Morning News
• Stroll through the "Haunted Forest" (not recommended for younger children), where you might encounter a ghost or creature of the night.
• Explore the NEW "Ghost Town," featuring the new playhouse village.
• Participate in a costume contest (for kids ages 12 & under) for the chance to win prizes courtesy of Clif KiD and Texas Road House.
• Have professional photos taken in your costumes by Clix Portrait Studios
• More details coming soon!
Costume Contest Rules
Trick-or-Treat Bag Sponsor
Costume portraits by
• Contest will be divided into 3 age groups – 4 years and under; 5 to 8 years; and 9 to 12 years.
• All that choose to enter will be invited on the stage where our judges will give 5 finalists a bright orange museum store discount coupon to remain on the stage. All others will be asked to rejoin their parents.
• Our judges will then conduct a “clap-o-meter” contest, asking the audience to help choose our 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for each age group. Ribbons will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners along with goody bags
• Parents, please prepare your children in advance on these contest rules and help us ease any disappointment your children may feel if they are not chosen as a contest finalist or winner. Our judges make every attempt to be as fair as possible!
- A free parking shuttle between Sloan Creek Intermediate School (440 Country Club Road, Fairview, TX 75069) and the Heard will be in rotation the length of the event.
- Parking is free for all attendees. On-site parking is available, but limited in quantities.
- Please carpool when possible. This will make parking easier for you and all attendees, it saves gas, and reduces pollution!
- Please consider taking the shuttle rather than parking on-site if you do not have strollers, etc. This will make it easier for not only those with disabilities, and families with younger children, but also you! Your neighbors (and we) will thank you for your kindness!
- In order to adequately prepare for this event, please note the museum will close early on the day of this event – 3 p.m. instead of 5 p.m.
- Postponement of the event will be posted on our website and on our main phone mail message by noon on the day of the event.
- Please bring your own flashlight. Free small flashlights, courtesy of 4imprint, will be available while supplies last.
- General Admission Passes may not be used at this event.
- Sorry, because this is a fundraising event, there are no group rates, senior citizen discounts, or refunds.
- Help us keep our sanctuary clean and pick up your trash. Recycle water bottles, cans and other recyclable items in the blue bins or inside the museum.