Halloween at the Heard - SOLD OUT
10/18/2014, 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Sloan Creek Intermediate School map
A Family Fun Night Fundraiser Supporting The Heard’s Mission of Bringing People & Nature Together
8th Annual Halloween at the Heard
Experience Collin County's premier family-friendly Halloween event! Kids will trick-or-treat on the Dinosaurs Live! exhibit trail. Watch a family-friendly movie under the stars in the amphitheater. Stroll through the "Haunted Forest," participate in a costume contest (for kids ages 12 & under), and more!
No tickets will be available at the door. Thank you for your interest! We look forward to seeing you next year. Be sure to watch for info about our next great event: Holiday Trail of Lights.
Trick-or-Treat Bag Sponsor
Vendors & Candy Crews
Additional details coming soon!
- Trick-or-treat with the dinos on the Dinosaurs Live! exhibit trail.
- Watch Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, rated G, a family-friendly movie under the stars in the amphitheater.
- Stroll through the "Haunted Forest" (not recommended for younger children), where you might encounter a ghost or creature of the night.
- Explore the "Ghost Town," featuring the new Pioneer Village.
- Participate in a costume contest (for kids ages 12 & under) for the chance to win prizes.
- Have photos taken in your costumes
- Costume Contest Rules
- Contest will be divided into 4 groups:
- 4 Years and Under
- Ages 5-8
- Ages 9-12
- Homemade Costumes (open to Ages 12 and Under)
- All that choose to enter will be called down by category, and invited to stand in a line across the front of the stage.Our judges will then walk the line, decide on winners, and award prizes.
- Parents, please inform your children in advance of the contest rules and help ease any disappointment your children may feel if they are not chosen as a contest winner. Our judges make every attempt to be as fair as possible. Thank you!
- A free parking shuttle between Sloan Creek Intermediate School (440 Country Club Road, Fairview, TX 75069) and the Heard will be in rotation the length of the event.
- Parking is free for all attendees. On-site parking is available, but limited in quantities.
- Please carpool when possible. This will make parking easier for you and all attendees, it saves gas, and reduces pollution!
- Please consider taking the shuttle rather than parking on-site if you do not have strollers, etc. This will make it easier for not only those with disabilities, and families with younger children, but also you! Your neighbors (and we) will thank you for your kindness!
- In order to adequately prepare for this event, please note the museum will close early on the day of this event – 3 p.m. instead of 5 p.m.
- Postponement of the event will be posted on our website and on our main phone mail message by noon on the day of the event.
- Please bring your own flashlight.
- General Admission Passes may not be used at this event.
- Sorry, because this is a fundraising event, there are no group rates, senior citizen discounts, or refunds.
- A shuttle from Sloan Creek Intermediate School (440 Country Club Road, Fairview, TX 75069) will be available from 5:30-10 p.m.
Help us keep our sanctuary clean and pick up your trash. Recycle water bottles, cans and other recyclable items in the blue bins or inside the museum.