Homeschool Natural Science Program for 12-13* Year-Olds
This lab-based course will focus on the tools of scientists and the connection between math and science. Students will utilize lab equipment such as microscopes and thermometers to make measurements and gather data. Using the variety of outdoor environments at the Heard, we will explore topics such as microscopic life, weather trends, bird banding, plant chromatography and DNA.
*Age of student on September 1, 2017 for the 2017-2018 academic year
Meet the Teacher: September 5, 1-2 p.m.
Due to popular demand, we have increased the number of class meetings this year. Class will be held two Tuesdays per month from 1-3pm:
- Fall Semester
- September 12 & 19
- October 10 & 17
- November 7 & 14
- December 5 & 12
- Spring Semester
- January 16 & 23
- February 13 & 20
- March 6 & 20
- April 10 & 17
Students are expected to:
- Follow instructions and stay on task
- Work together and independently
- Hike outdoors on Heard trails for part of each class
- Keep a lab notebook (provided)
- Complete a homework assignment to share with the class at the next meeting. Homework should not take more than about an hour to complete and will involve things like creating charts and graphs or researching a class topic
Per semester: $160/members, $180/non-members
Register for both semesters at once and save 5%.
Click here to register. Pre-registration is required for all homeschool natural science programs.
Refund cancellation dates Fall Semester:
- Full refund minus $10 admin fee by August 18
- 50% refund by September 1
- No refund after September 1
Refund cancellation dates Spring Semester:
- Full refund minus $10 admin fee by December 15
- 50% refund by December 29
- No refund after December 29