Heard 50th Anniversary Celebration
10/01/2017, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary map
On October 1, we invite you to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the opening of Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary with us!
Tickets are limited and will be available at the door only while supplies last. Parking availability will be very limited. Ticket price includes general admission to Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary. Heard Museum Members receive free admission (please get a free member ticket to save your spot).
- Adults: $11
- Children 3-12: $8
- Children 2 and Under: FREE
- 1-4 p.m. - Join us for fun kid-friendly activities. Our friends from the Dallas Symphony Orchestra will be on site for part of the event with their instrument petting zoo, giving kids (and grownups!) a chance to see, hear, and play different instruments that make an orchestra.
- 1 p.m. - Enjoy a butterfly talk all about the amazing Monarch butterfly.
- 2 to 4 p.m. - Discover why nature has been a muse for composers for centuries. Join the Heard and WRR for the inaugural "Naturally Classical" concert, featuring the Texas Chamber Music Project in an outdoor performance of nature-inspired works.
- 2 p.m., 3 p.m., and 4 p.m. - Heard volunteer Shannon Burkett will be available at the bobcat unit in the Animals of the World exhibit to talk about the ecological importance of bobcats. She’ll also be available to answer your questions.
- Throughout the event, watch for encounters with other Heard animal ambassadors such as an Eastern screech owl. Jordan Goble will also introduce you to live box turtles and his studies and documentation of the box turtles at the Heard. He will also explain the many threats to box turtle populations in North Texas.